Just like beef T-bones, pork T-bones contain a lower piece of the loin (the strip loin section of a beef T-bone) and a section of the tenderloin (the filet of the pig). Treat this simply: well-seasoned, grilled to medium, and then topped with a thick pat of BBQ Butter. Delish! The BBQ Butter can be made ahead and frozen. Just pull out a portion a couple of hours before needed.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Serving Size: 4
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
1 1/2 teaspoons BBQ rub
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
4 pork T-bones, each 1 1/2 inches thick
1/4 cup grill seasoning
For the BBQ butter:
1. Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and add the remaining butter ingredients.
2.Using the paddle attachment, mix on low-medium for 3 to 4 minutes, scraping the bowl a couple of times, until well incorporated.
3. Divide into 4 portions, lay each on an 8-inch square of parchment paper, and roll up into a log shape.
4. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until firm. The butter will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For the Pork T-bones:
1. Prepare a medium-hot grill and oil the grates.
2. Season the T-bones with about 2 tablespoons of grill seasoning each.
3. Place on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until medium.
4. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with a pat of butter on each.